First Governments & Speakers Announced for Africa E&P Summit
The first governments and speakers have been announced for the Africa E&P Summit taking place on the 22nd and 23rd September in London & Online. Africa's upstream community will gather with a focus on 'back to business' and the stage is set for a high-level meeting of governments, NOC's and companies that have a united interest in the development and progression of the Continent's oil, gas & energy opportunities.
The African upstream industry has experienced a huge shock in 2020/21 and this meeting marks the first get-together of the industry in over 18 months. The Summit will focus on renewing partnerships and reinvigoration of a thriving sector that is critical to the livelihoods and future prospects of many African countries. The oil & gas industry faces a huge existential crisis in climate change and the Africa E&P Summit will focus on creating a positive narrative for Africa and initiate collaborations that will enable the oil & gas industry to continue to thrive and attract investment; whilst mitigating negative impacts on the environment.
Gayle Meikle, CEO of Frontier says;
"Africa has an immense amount to offer the world and I have no doubt that the leaders in Africa's energy sector and globally will find a way through this time of uncertainty. Western governments must acknowledge the African right to make the most of their natural resources for the betterment of their people and the alleviation of poverty to enable a postive pathway to energy security.
We look forward to sharing the program for the Summit with you in due course. It is an exciting time to be holding an African oil, gas and energy Summit of this stature and we are relishing the challenge and responsibility of producing an agenda that reflects the current reality as well as the numerous frontier exploration opportunities available on the Continent."
Frontier is delighted to confirm the first Governments & Speakers that will be taking part:
Confirmed Governments & Speakers 2021
- NAMIBIA - MINISTRY OF MINES & ENERGY & NAMCOR
- LIBERIA - LIBERIA PETROLEUM REGULATORY AUTHORITY (LPRA)
- REPUBLIC OF THE GAMBIA - MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM & ENERGY
- MOROCCO - OFFICE NATIONAL DES HYDROCARBURES ET DES MINES (ONHYM)
- MOZAMBIQUE - INSTITUO NACIONAL DE PETROLEO (INP)
- SIERRA LEONE - PETROLEUM DIRECTORATE
- GHANA - PETROLEUM COMMISSION GHANA
- Honorable Archie Donmo, Director-General, Liberia Petroleum Regulatory Authority (LPRA)
- Carlos Zacarias, President, Instituto Nacional De Petroleo, Mozambique (INP)
- Maggy Shino, Petroleum Commissioner, Ministry of Mines & Energy, Namibia
- Foday Mansaray, Director General, Petroleum Directorate Sierra Leone
- Roger Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Seplat Petroleum
- Emmanuelle Garinet, VP Exploration Strategy, Planning, Portfolio & Performance, TotalEnergies
- Jerreh Barrow, Petroleum Commissioner, Ministry Of Petroleum And Energy, The Gambia
- Scot Evans, CEO, ReconAfrica
- Scott Macmillan, Managing Director, Invictus Energy
- Shakwa Nyambe, Managing Partner & Founder, SNC Incorporated
- Thomas Perkins, Director Of Projects, Stellar Energy Advisors
- Mohamed Zine, Director Promotion and, Hydrocarbon Asset Management, ONHYM
- Keith Hill, President & CEO, Africa Oil Corp.
- Benoît de la Fouchardiere, Group General Manager, Perenco
- Egbert Faibille Jnr, Chief Executive Officer, Petroleum Commission Ghana
- Eric Hathon, Exploration Director, Cairn Energy
- Jason Robinson, Director of Business Development, TGS
- Katherine Roe, Chief Executive Officer, Wentworth Resources
- Jozsef Marton, Managing Director, Preng & Associates
- More Governments & Speakers to be announced in coming weeks...watch this space!
We would like to acknowledge the following companies for their support of this Summit and we look forward to welcoming you to London to get back to business. If you are interested in supporting the event in this way, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team.
Confirmed Sponsors & Exhibitors 2021
- Africa Oil Corp.
- Reconnaissance Energy Africa
- Wentworth Resources
- ION GEO
- Preng & Associates
- Kosmos Energy
- Invictus Energy
- Cairn Energy
- Progressive TSL
- Stellar Energy Advisors
- SNC Incorporated
- Core Laboratories
- Westwood Global Energy Group
- SuperNova Energy bv
- Xcalibur Multiphysics